AED Solution For Government & Military
Rescue-Ready AEDs For Our Nation’s Best
Whether you are a government employee or a member of the military, you may be called on to respond to a sudden cardiac arrest situation. Unlike heart attacks, sudden cardiac arrest can affect people of all ages, sex, and health status. The only effective treatment is an electric shock from an automated external defibrillator (AED), administered as soon as possible. Because it can be challenging for emergency medical personnel to respond quickly to cardiac arrest situations, organizations can work to improve access to AEDs, thereby saving countless lives. Therefore, implementing an AED program in your government or military workplace can mean the difference between life and death.
Members of the military—whether on base or in the field—are likely to become victims of sudden cardiac arrest due to the high stress nature of their work. As defenders of our nation, military members deserve the best healthcare possible, especially during unexpected emergencies. American AEDs portable defibrillators are necessary equipment for military personnel in order to provide life-saving treatment during medical emergencies.
Why AEDs Are Necessary For Government & Military Personnel
- For every minute that a person in cardiac arrest goes without treatment, the chance of survival decreases by 10%.
- Given the short window of time for successful treatment, AEDs can provide military personnel with life-saving treatment when medical facilities are unavailable.
- Government facilities may have added security, which could delay EMS arrival time and further diminish chances of survival for cardiac arrest victims.
- Because AEDs are designed for pre-hospital use, most are equipped to handle the environmental and physical challenges of deployment.
- On-site AEDs can improve survival rate of cardiac arrest victims because they can be used before EMS personnel arrive.
- The increased availability and proper use of AEDs has significantly increased the survival rate of cardiac arrest victims in the military.1
Best Selling AEDs For Government & Military
Philips – Heartstart OnSite
Philips – Heartstart FRx
Zoll – AED Plus
1 United States Army Training and Doctrine Command, Memorandum 1-18: Automatic External Defibrillatior (AED) Program. Fort Eustis, Virginia: February 4, 2013.